Sunday, February 11, 2018

Stadiony Polonia Warszawa Construction images: part one!

I'm going to do something a little bit different with this series of posts. I'm going to take you through the process of developing my model for Stadiony Polonia Warszawa, which I modelled between July 16 and the end of September 2016. I'll add dates and comments for each of the images, and soon will upload Part Two, and likely three and four as well!

July 31. By this point I had made a number of the major design decisions for the venue. I opted to retain the existing roof, as well as the main facade which I planned to give a little bit of a facelift. The design statement spoke about the need for the venue to provide an integrated "whole" to the venue - this saw me produce a single tier, wrapping around the venue with the exception of the away stand. The most rows were in the southeastern corner of the venue, with the number of rows decreasing towards the north and west. This enabled the venue to run nearly parallel to Konwiktorska.

July 31 - the first interior rendering. At this point I didn't have a great idea of the interior branding of the venue. The main stand was the very first thing modelled on the site, as that gave the initial scale for the site. From there, the eastern stand was modelled as a large block, without the decreasing number of rows at the northern end, and then trimmed back into its final form. The same principle applies with the southern stand.

July 31 - corporate boxes went in. This view gives a good angle of the southern stand. Natural light is able to illuminate much of the concourse areas - there is transparent glass as part of the facade.

August 2 - Initial consideration given to site roads. OB Van space is assigned. I made a deliberate attempt to maintain the existing site access point at the northern side of the venue.

August 2 - The initial view of the facade.  I originally planned for a wooden facade, but this would later be replaced by steel. The facade seen here would eventually be reused as part of the facade on the commercial building. At this point, I had not modernised the existing site facade, but the basic idea for it was already floating around in my head.

August 3 - the first interior lighting test. Floodlights went in, but I was not entirely happy with the lighting pattern. I would end up amending that later on.

August 6 - the first view of the concourse at the southern end. You can see the natural light permeating the venue.

August 8 - The away stand was modelled. This is a view from the northeastern corner of the venue.

August 16 - most of the site amenities are added. A fun little render with the physical structure of the facade removed. This was actually my favourite render of the entire project for some reason. I just enjoyed the naked feel of it.

August 17 - the facade starts to take shape. This is a view of the southern stand. I reused the same style of window as used on the main stand. This gave the concourse an open and airy sort of feel. Large pillars supported a "tie" that ran right the way around the outside of the venue. This lined up perfectly with part of the main stand. Lighting bars are attached to the top and the bottom of this tie that lights up the facade at night.

August 17 - The structure of the facade was completed. This view gives a good idea as to how the facade runs parallel to the street.

August 17 - Added to the stadium proper. Those large white faces that you see on the walls in this and the next image I had no ideas for. It was unfortunately just there. It didn't really face anything and I wasn't too sure what to do with it until a fair bit later.

August 17 - a slightly higher view than the previous rendering. Each of those trees lies off the plot I had to work with. It gives you an idea though as to how tight the stadium is to the edge of the plot there.
That's all for now folks. Don't panic - I'll be back with more pictures and insights soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment