Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Industrial Arena

Hey guys

Just thought I would share a few shots of an industrial building conversion into a small venue I did a few months back.

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Perry Park completed

A night view of the main stand with the roof open. This rendering shows the upper tier partially covered by a fabric banner. This reduces the capacity to 13,547 and improves the appearance of the venue during games.

A day view looking west with the roof open

A street level view facing west.

A view of the site facing the northwest. There's nearly 200 parking spaces to the east of the site.

A view from the Bill Waddell Stand with the roof open during the day

And the same view with the roof closed.

A roof closed view from the top of the main stand

And the same view at night.

A view of the site from the southwest

An aerial view of the site from the north with the roof closed.

A top view of the site

A view of the pitch from the home end.
Total capacity of the site is 18111 seats, with 48 disabled spaces and 30 closed boxes.

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sunshine Coast Stadium upgrade

Good morning to all of my followers, and happy new year to you all. I hope you all enjoyed your breaks.

Today I present the proposal for the upgrade of the Sunshine Coast Stadium. Work is ongoing on the site at the moment, building three new 8.5m tall hills around the pitch. This is showing off my (basic) interpretation of those plans. Coming soon on my blog is a proposal for further upgrade on the site, turning it into a seated venue. This is far from a real proposal - just demonstrating how it works.

The view from the east of the grandstand.

Overhead view of the site

Angled view from the southeast

View from the top of the northern hill, underneath the 36sqm videoboard.

A view from the sixth row of the grandstand - really shows off how high those hills are

Angled view from the southwest

A view from the east of the venue at 2m elevation. One of the common criticisms of the venue is the strong easterly breeze that blows across the pitch. These hills will help immensely to reduce the effect of that for both players and spectators.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Malta International Circuit updated

The view from the karting track up at the Malta International Hotel, Malta Arena and Maltese Eye.

The view from turn 11, looking across the track.

An older shot of the pit straight. Pit lane has since been reprofiled, making the exit a little smoother.

Turn 9, looking back towards turn 8 and 10

The view from the grandstand at T16, showing T16, T17, and the pit lane. There's lighting that has been added under the hotel, so there isn't the harsh shadowing now as in this render.

Looking down the pit straight from the back of the grid.

Another view of T16 and T17

Turn 5 - one of the trickier braking zones on the circuit. A downhill run while turning into the corner, and little camber to help you. Deceptively steep, and very easy to spin the car around.

Aerial view of the site.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Perry Park update

So I never actually got around to updating you guys on the Perry Park project. Work progressed into March on this before it started to have a few issues. There's a lot of work to be done over the main stand - the facade and all of that is not done. I hope to get back and finish this project in a couple of weeks.

From the last update, there has been a few more seats installed at the southern end, bringing the regular seated capacity up to 18,000 seats. The shadesails over the southern end have been erected, and the shadesails running across the pitch are in. The lighting in the renders uploaded is very harsh - it's just natural sunlight as I haven't set up lighting yet.

Thanks everyone for the thousands and thousands of views you gave my previous post. Much love to you all.

In terms of what's coming soon, I have a bunch of posts that I'm wanting to get online in the coming weeks. I'm wanting to test my ability on a range of other project types as well - great experience. But as for the blog, the next update of the nearly complete Malta International Circuit will come soon - it's looking really good and I'm proud of my work on that.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Unidentified racing circuit.

Hi, I know it has been a long time since I shared any work with you. I've decided to share this little project I worked on with you - it's an unidentified F1 track, with several configurations. The main thing that came out of working on this model was a greatly improved ability to work with UV mapping, which I have shied away from until now. Rest assured though, I am still working on my Malta International Circuit, and I will share an update with you all soon.

Run down to turn one. F1 circuit heads right at this point, club circuit goes straight on and joins at T6 on the F1 circuit.

Main straight just beyond the start line
A long right hander.

The run to T3 on the F1 circuit.

A long left hander.

The track overview. There's hills to the left and bottom right of this image, while a beach and waterfront is to the top.