Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Estadio Bragantino construction diary part 4

August 21: A differing angle on the roof design. I wanted the anchor point on the stand to be the back row, behind the stairs. The huge height that the roof would have to reach made this design impractical.

August 22: A differing vision. I used the same basic shape for the roof, but built two additional pillars in the northeast and southeastern corners of the stadium. This meant I was able to leave the eastern stand open. A nice view of the buildings too.

August 22: Another view.

August 22: I really didn't like the ultra-low profile of the previous roof, so went back and made the main part of the roof thicker. I had wanted the trusses to stick out more, but in practice it was uglier.

August 23: Adding the solar panels and lighting rig.

August 23: Looking at the new roof in its position. Very happy with that.

August 23: A wider angled view of the site. I really liked this view and would end up rendering almost the same spot.

August 23: With the roof supported by two pillars in the corners, I was able to add more seats behind the stairs, to help counteract the lost seating in the corner.

August 25: I had started to work on the carpark but was getting a little bored with it. For fun, I went and worked on a stage for the site, complete with the wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube men.

August 25: Another view.

August 25: Nighttime simulation of the stage inside the venue.

August 27: Slowly getting some work done on the carpark.

August 28: Back to working on the stage again, as it was frustratingly slow actually modelling the carpark.

August 29: Adding support rails around the disabled seating and stairs.

August 29: Modelling the area around Gate B and Gate C. Had I stick with my original proposal, Gate B wouldn't have any stairs or ramps - it would be a straight walk out onto the concourse and down the back of the stand.

August 30: The plaza around Gate D and Gate E. You can see one of the access roads to the carpark at the bottom of the image.

September 2: More work on the stage setup, foxusing on making it fit with the roof.

September 2: Adding terrain to the southern end of the site. This was actually the first time I really saw my design in action - up until this point, half of the site was just a pit. With the terrain in place, I was no longer just using my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment