Sunday, December 23, 2018

Stadionul Silviu Ploesteanu Construction images part six


September 22: Work on the crowd model begins. One of these days I will actually post a tutorial on how to do simple crowd models, but you will probably figure out how I do it from this picture alone.

September 23: Looking at the crowd model inside the venue. I was really unhappy with it - it didn't look good at all. I would eventually end up redoing it twice to make it look more full and realistic.

September 24: Work on the landscaping around the main stand. Between the two roof pillars, I built a flower bed and placed a bunch of the seating modules in between. By pure coincidence, there was the right number of lighting structures for me to add a sign with the stadium name. I wish I made the letters stand out more - it kind of looks like this monstrosity - https://www.news.com.au/sport/commonwealth-games/gold-coast-welcome-signs-sledged-by-residents/news-story/93e9b3f662680a8fd4dfb5a1bad660a8

September 24: With the rest of the stadium name affixed to the main wall.

September 24: A further view of the area. It was insanely hard to find a good place to get a shot of the structure from, as there is so little space between the building and the trees opposite. I kind of wish I'd managed to get this particular view while rendering the project though.

September 24: One shot I definitely did render, albeit from a slightly different spot and orientation. I was working on the landscaping around the building when I stumbled on this view and fell in love with it. Simplistic but so beautiful.

September 24: A view from the interior. I'm once again not sure why I have this shot, but I think I was starting to map out the rendering shots I would use. I would have loved to use this one.

September 24: A view from the trees in the southwest corner of the site. I was looking for a good teaser picture of my venue and this worked.

September 24: Installation of flagpoles in the southwest corner. Three flags provide somewhat of a landmark for fans inside the stadium.

September 24: A view of Tampa Mountain from the main stand. The reason for this picture is that part of the competition regulations stated that we were to "keep an unobstructed view on Tâmpa mountain and Carpathians landscape from main stand." My design accomplished this by keeping the roof elevated and the side open. This image was sent to the competition organiser to confirm that my proposal met that requirement, which it did.

September 25: Two things to note from this picture of the wall at the eastern concourse. Firstly, the design features a 2m high wall , with an enclosed fireplace built in to the top half. This was designed to help keep the venue, which is rather open, warm in the winter months. This would have the secondary effect of warming the air as it moves through the venue, as the predominant wind direction is from this end. In my haste (to be explained), I never mentioned this in my presentation. Secondly, the inclusion of text. This is a phrase which the club informed me is a source of pride for them and their fans.

September 25: A look from the other side of that wall, with another of those phrases prominently displayed as fans approach the venue.

September 25: Another look at the area. Many of the fans will enter through those gates.

September 25: A look at my proposed beauty shot angle. I would end up rotating this to the southwest corner when I rendered.

September 25: A look at the crowd from the southwest corner. Still just mapping out the views for rendering.

September 25: A lower angled view. Really wasn't happy with the crowd at this point, after I had already redone it once. 


September 25: A look towards the west. I'm really happy with how the flagpoles look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment