Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Stadionul Silviu Ploesteanu Construction images part five

September 7: So I wanted to make a basic little entrance sign. I'd downloaded a rock wall back in January or so and finally got to use it in a project. It's literally just the wall, with the name and some lights. That being said, I had the idea for it way back at the start of the competition and finally modelled it.

September 7: A look at the sign in place near the western end of the ground.

September 7: A lower angled view of the sign. I really regret not making a render at or near this view height. It could have been something really nice.

September 8: I'm not entirely sure what I was showing off here. I think I was working on the balustrades, and perhaps some of the fencing work. On the fencing note, it's inspired by some of the fencing on the site already, in that it is an exact copy of it.

September 8: Another view that I'm not entirely sure of. I think maybe I just liked the look of the stadium with all of the massing behind it. This is the insightful commentary all four of my regular readers signed up for.

September 8: I remember exactly why I took this shot though. Right the way through the design process, I was weighing up how many roof pillars to use. I originally had been using 8, as seen in all of my previous images. I had wanted to use 12, with two down each side. This was moments before I finally installed those roof pillars.

September 8: And this was the end result.

September 8: While scrolling through the model, I stumbled upon this view. I really liked it for some reason. Probably the natural feel the tree gives it. I would end up using this venue when I rendered the presentation.

September 11: So one thing that always frustrates me is when large stadiums like this get built and sit idle 300+ days a year. A stadium is the best marketing tool a city has. What other structure has 500,000+ visitors a year, and millions and millions of TV eyes on it? This is the reason that people come to your city, so making sure that the venue can handle a variety of events is important. That's why I developed a half-court setup. The big screen is the same as the concert setup. Located at the eastern end, it has all of the upper eastern stand looking down on it, leaving a nice ~9000 seat setup. Here's a martial arts cage.

September 11: and a basketball court.

September 12: Work transitioned back into the main stadium, with two more small temporary stands added.

September 12: A wider look at the setup, with the black tarpaulins covering the unused seating sections. Naturally, this would be styled for the relevant event.

September 12: And a view from the far end of the upper tier. Not the greatest view, but still very functional.

September 14: I don't think there was any significant changes to the model here. I think it's just another view.

September 14: Another view. I would end up using this view when I rendered, albeit rotated a little bit more to the side. Fun fact - that was one of my favourite shots.

September 18: Back to work on the main stand. I added the fake roof over the VIP boxes, as well as an old-styled clock. I loved the aesthetic of it.

September 18: The outside of the venue. I was not happy with how the roof pillars cut into the footpath, but as you'll see in the next installment, I made it work for me. I also was inspired by a picture of a chalet I saw, which inspired the circular lights and false wood panelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment