Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Stadionul Silviu Ploesteanu Construction images part four

August 22: So you may have noticed a near two week gap between my last picture and this. I had a few things come up and unfortunately, there was no time to work on this project. At this point, the competition was scheduled to end September 30, so I was very apprehensive about actually finishing.

In terms of the actual work on show in this picture, I redid the text on the seating pattern. Much nicer.



August 22: More work on the roof. Not entirely happy with how the corners came out - some of the tension points need adjusting - but with time limited I had to get a move on. You may also notice the crosshatching over the field. Originally I intended to use these cables to affix mood and concert lighting to. Funnily enough, it was lighting that would make me get rid of it, as the field lighting didn't fit properly in between the cables. Instead of redoing the lighting, I deleted these. It's probably my biggest regret in the design, as it would have looked really nice.

August 22: The seating covers are installed. This is intended to be a cloth material, which is stored at the rear of the stand. Easy way to reduce capacity and not make the venue look empty.

August 22: The first of the pillars goes in.

August 23: More of the roof pillars are installed.

August 23: More work goes on with the seating patterns - this time the upper tier is patterned the same way as the lower tier.

August 23: And the same at the other end.
August 23: A view from behind the disabled seats looking towards the other end. Nothing really special here.

August 26: The lighting is installed. The lights are based on blueprints of a particular model that I have since forgotten. Unfortunately you can't see much of them here as the vray light is shown above it. Sorry.

August 28: More work on the lighting. As mentioned earlier, those additional cables are now gone. The roof is now textured in a black material.

August 28: Work on the main stand facade continues. I wanted to keep it very basic as much of the facade can't be seen due to street trees anyway. I kept digital advertising space along the facade, similar to what is presently on the site. The structure angles out almost to the edge of the street, enabling pedestrian access underneath while maximising the floorspace above.

August 31: The concert floor covering is installed, as well as the black sheets that cover the stand behind the concert stage.

September 3: Aisle signage is installed. This was based on the signage from my Bramley-Moore Stadium design, with an additional wooden panel. All in all, it took about 80 minutes to install them all - mostly from having to copy, paste, position and rotate each of the numbers on the signs. I have no idea why on earth I do it - nobody actually looks at them.

September 4: More parking spaces are installed, this time underneath the western stand

September 7: There's no real reason for this picture, except that I was scrolling through the model and ended up with this view. I really liked it as it shows how intimate the stands and pitch are.

September 7: More work on the main stand, with the addition of the false roof and the flags. This is actually where I was scrolling through to when I took the last shot.

September 7: Installation of the massing model. I modelled the entire context of the site, with buildings and trees. I finally added them to the model.


No comments:

Post a Comment