Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Nou Mestalla (2021) Construction Diary: Part 5

 

September 02: Filling out the last bits of the crowd

September 02: Still filling out the crowd

September 03: Working on the bridges and ticket gates. Perhaps it would have made more sense to do this before the trees and all that, but it is what it is.

September 05: Working on the main plaza. I loved this view as it made the venue feel big.

September 05: Another view of the site.

September 05: Adding police to stand between the away fans and the home fans

September 07: Working on the planters that act as barriers on the concourses. The stadium concourses are symmetrical, so I only needed to do one quarter and copy/mirror it around. If I had the chance to do it again, I'd use something like DropGC to put the plants in the planters. What I did was a whole area covered in the plants, and manually deleted the bits that weren't in the planters. Because the concourses are curved, this wound up being frustrating and a time sink.


September 07: Also added some green walls to the areas at the top of the stands, as well as some text to light up


September 07: Another view

September 07: An interior view. Nothing really special about it, I just liked it.

September 09: Working on the concourses again. Green roof is going in, pretty basic here as it was all kind of done within Vray. Also working on the crowd in the concourses. I put a fair bit of thought into where each of them should be located - queues around the bar and that, as well as semi-realistic flow around the concourses. This was really the point I started putting real thought into my 3d crowd model, as 2d ones really only work if you're at the correct angles.

September 10: Honestly no clue why I have this. Might have liked the view at the time.

               
September 12: Really liked this view with the concourses




September 12: Another important job - texturing the massing models and adding emissive layers behind to imitate lit windows. This adds a lot more ambience to the site, as well as making it feel a lot more accurate.
September 12: A close up on the emissive layer.


September 13: Finishing that job off

September 13: The other side

September 13: A close up on one of the buildings. From memory, there were only 10 or so materials applied to the whole scene, but it looks so much better for them.

Happy new years everyone! Apologies that it's taken a little while to get this out as I have been busy over Christmas but I got this done finally. Also apologies for the formatting - Blogger was not playing nice with the importing of images in chronological order. 


I have more stuff coming soon for the blog, including another new stadium I have been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment