Sunday, November 25, 2018

Stadionul Silviu Ploesteanu Construction images part two

July 22: So after getting the bad news that the stadium actually needed closed VIP boxes, I set to work on modelling the boxes. This is a 6 seat box. It features a bar, wooden privacy screens and the seating area. The privacy screen was left over from a project I worked on back in January - it made sense to repurpose it for this project.

July 22: Similarly, one of the TV studios, featuring two couches, a large TV screen and a camera. As you'll see later on, that made for a nice view out over the pitch.

July 23: Back to work on the main stand structure. I was quite apprehensive of the logistics of the main stand, particularly the space to the rear. At this point, the pitch was positioned in exactly the same spot as it is now. That doesn't leave a lot of space for the main stand, which is a big part of the reason the dugouts cut into the main stand like they do. As I'll explain later, that would soon enough be fixed.

July 23: Getting a look at the view from the top corner. Because the main stand doesn't stretch as far back as the seats in the northeast corner, I was concerned that fans seated there might have obstructed views of the pitch. As you can see, that wasn't the case. I wasn't concerned about fans in the northwest corner, as the stand doesn't stretch as far around to keep it within the site boundaries. You can also see the existing box structure in the southern stand - I was attempting to check heights from the existing stadium to the new one.

July 23: Not entirely sure what this is a photo of. I'd just installed the panels behind the dugouts, but aside from that, I have no clue.

July 23: One I am sure what it is of. Wheelchair spaces being installed along the rear of the lower tier. Elevated platforms for the wheelchairs, along with a companion seat.

July 24: I started work on mapping out the OB van space. Located in the southwest corner of the site, the OB van space required 600sqm under the regulations. In the process of mapping this out, I felt that there was plenty of space available in this corner, as well as behind the southern stand. Conversely, there was very little space behind the northern stand. Since the regulations changed to allow moving of the pitch, I elected to move the pitch 5m southwards. Problem solved.

July 25: Another view that I'm not sure about. I added the new graphic to the video screens, it might have been that. I had planned to just add a player graphic with the club kit. Speaking of kit, did I tell you about the time I banged Eartha Kitt in an airplane bathroom?

July 25: A look at the redesigned OB van space. I would end up repositioning some of the trucks to aid in emergency vehicle access to the pitch. This was made more imperative after an incident at a match I attended where a player went down with a suspected neck injury, and it was nearly 40 minutes before an ambulance made it onto the pitch.

July 25: As I indicated in the previous installment, I moved the mural to the front of the stsand. I also added the first of the concourse structures, which is part of what made me do that in the first place.

July 25: I started to give some more thought to the roof and how that would both function and incorporate the view. To do this, I copied the base structure back into my model of the Carpathians, and started playing around with the roof. This is one view.

July 25: And this is a second view.

July 26: Work on the main stand facilities. This is a view of the home changing room. I originally envisaged a glossy roof, but abandoned that due to rendering time. To the right of this shot is the showers.

July 26: View inside the referee changerooms. Very spacious.

July 28: Club offices. I used replicas of the stadium seats to reduce the weight of the model - as I would later learn, the lights seen in the change rooms and VIP boxes were ridiculously heavy. My bad.

July 28: Conference area. This is located behind the door seen above, and has views out of the street.

July 28: Doping facility waiting room. It was a real pain to fit everything needed in there as I didn't really save enough space for it when I planned out the facilities.

July 28: Media room, looking from the camera down towards the desk. One of the cameras for the flash interview points can be seen just to the left of this shot.

July 28: VIP hospitality area, with elevators at the rear.

July 29: The space inside the main stand, with all of the facilities to the left and the pitch on the right. Player access tunnel to the buses can be seen near the middle of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment